Monday, October 04, 2004

San Fran Revisited

One of my closest Michigan buddies is here in San Jose. We spent a lot of time on Friday and Saturday morning catching up. Saturday evening, we set our sights on the city. I must admit, there is something about big cities. Something that rushes blood to your head. We hit some traffic entering the city but it was alright because we (Jyothi, Arthi and I) had more than enough to talk about. We continued up on 101 to hit the Golden Gate Bridge. As always, we were left wowing at the awesome bridge. It was too cold to walk across though.

Driving in the city is fun. The best part though, of course, is driving down Crooked Street. It was exciting and this time, my tires didn't squeal as much. I must be getting better (or more boring).

Next stop, Ghirardelli Square. Been there tons of times now, but we checked out some of the shops this time. There was this quaint music box store. For the most part, the store had those little jewelry boxes that play a hauntingly lilting melody when you open it. It also had musical dolls, cards, keychains and other interesting stuff. We then also checked out the techie store right opposite the Ghirardelli Chocolate place. Very interesting contraptions, but, unfortunately it was almost closing time. I did see an electronic crossword device though. Cool. And then we had the brownie fudge icecream (hee hee).

Quote of the day (found on a T-shirt I'll own someday): "I never met a chocolate I didn't like"

:-) Later!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger shubhyant said...

hmmmnnnn....so the Three Muskeeters are at play again!!

October 6, 2004 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger kr!sh said...

"San Fran Revisited" Revisitied..Cuz everytime I come this is the headline I see. Ezhuthu Ruks Ezhuthu ( means write ruks write ..which is a loose take on an old tam dialogue )

Hey I've restarted blogging .. so swaagat karta hoon!

October 14, 2004 at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home