Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Who moved my Cheese?

Change is a hard thing. Or is it? We follow a paradigm, get into a comfort zone all too easily. Put in a new environment, things are unusual for a certain amount of time. But all too soon, before you can realize it, you get used to that new environment and going away from that becomes the unfathomable change. The mind looks for patterns, for regularity. We say that we thrive excitement, unpredictability and variety. But do we really? Why is it then that we adapt so soon to a new environment, trying to create regularity out of it? Is that in itself because we thrive in change? Or do we take that change and convert it to periodicity, that is we embrace our longing for excitement with our affinity for predictability? Whatever. This is turning into a complicated labyrinth of wordplay.

The sun is shining over California, it's good to be back! Come to think of it, I did miss the friendly chatter of the junta here. Boston was a great experience though, in more ways than one, and I am glad I decided to go.

I will stop with a few lines that mean a lot.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- Albert Camus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home