Friday, July 23, 2004

Travails of a Lone Traveller

On Tuesday I went on a scenic drive. And scenic it was! The state highways here are interesting...some of them are just one lane! But undeniably pretty. I started driving around 7ish, so it was dusk as I negotiated the winding roads. There's trees on both sides of the road. Some patches are so thickly wooded, no sunlight comes through, and you need to turn your headlights on! It gets a little mesmerizing after a while, your eyes start following the snaking roads and the patches the sun makes on them...Then further along, there are nice and big country houses with white fences that look like they belong in a storybook. I suppose people live there, although I wouldn't be surprised if Snow White walked out with the Seven Dwarfs in tow. Anyways, many fulfilling moments and a few U-turns later, I decided it was dark enough for me to head back.

Yesterday! Aha, I had what many of us long for and a few get, home food! And cooked by someone else too! Just when I began to feel that the sight of another sandwich/wrap would make me go on a hunger strike. I visited some relatives (my dad's uncle's brother's daughter to be exact) who live about 10 miles from the hotel. She and her husband graduated from MIT and have lived in the area for around 20 years! They have a son and a daughter, both very friendly. I got to play some badminton in their backyard, and then sat down to a sumptuous dinner. She also packed me some food to take back! And they asked me to visit again.....considering everything, I think I'll go, what say?! ;-)

That's it for now. Hopefully, will get to make a few trips and do some sight-seeing this weekend.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home