Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Gobbledegook

Comment allez-vous? Inspired by a French colleague of mine, with a delightful accent, I have decided to write a bit of French. Only a little, and only because you'd rather read it than hear me speak it. C'est tres chaud aujourd'hui. Je suis la reine de la monde!! Totally random statements :-)

But seriously languages are fascinating. Even if you don't understand many of them, they can thrill you and transport you to lands far away, where you are limited only by your imagination. One of my high school friends is pursuing French as a career, and wow, I admire her spirit. To me, considering the background I come from, it is an adventure or even a risk you might say to pursue an offbeat career like that. But definitely exciting....I wonder, what if we all did what we wanted to do? And not what seemed sensible to do? What if I had opted for an Arts degree? Or literature? Would I have liked it? Would I have been any good? Not that my job is not fun, I like working with silicon (or GaAs) and I know for many people, VLSI is offbeat. But you know, it's the whole Science vs. Arts thing. What's more relevant today? All the sci-fi type innovations or empathy and health and service and all that? Although a part of the tech industry now, I sometimes lean toward the arty side. I mean, how much more comfortable can we get? I could live without a 3.5G mobile phone, or a plasma TV, or the next-generation ultra high speed toothbrush! But I don't think I can live without world peace (awwright, Miss World contestants, no plagiarism!). All thoughts...for now, I go back to being plain old me toiling away in my good old job in Silicon Valley!

Now THIS is some of the random gobbledegook that blogs are about, or atleast my blog is about!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

la belle dame sans merci
el crosso le manche
posto delicattesein

July 15, 2004 at 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tht was my comment
-krish :-D

July 15, 2004 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Rookie said...

Some French pandits out there eh?!! Nice :)

July 16, 2004 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger kr!sh said...

u think so ? :))

July 16, 2004 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Rookie said...

I try to be nice...don't push it!! :D

July 16, 2004 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home