Friday, July 30, 2004

Outdoor Sculpture and more

I went to this outdoor sculpture museum yesterday. No, it's not as arty as it sounds. This one is called De Cordova Museum and is quite an enchanting place. I set off about 7pm yesterday and found my way easily to the sculpture park. It is mostly modern sculpture scattered around several acres of the park. I am a lawn person (you know, the kind that finds golf courses fascinating because they are grassy) and this place instantly appealed to me. I have been to a similar park in St.Louis with my sister, but this one's less crowded, and therefore, it follows, a lot better. Since the day was contemplating turning into night by the time I got there, there were only a few people ambling in the distance. I walked around a bit looking over the sculptures, and trying to understand them. Very soon, I settled on one of the benches there, hidden behind a huge clump of trees. Just me and my book. I felt I had found my place in the world. A content feeling, drinking in the silence. Even the squirrels seemed to dart with more joy and the sparrows hopped about me without a care in the world....(sigh) Well, about an hour later, reality strikes, the darkness was creeping up on me and I decided to leave. No way I was going to navigate that lonely road at night, especially since there was a deadly cemetery(pun intended) on the way. But I must admit, the drive back out of the park was amazing too. I had to cross a bridge and on either side was an absolutely still pond, reflecting the dark trees off its watery sheen. With the moon almost full yesterday...oh!

I had gone to a Sri Lakshmi temple on Wednesday, divine place! :-) Checked out the hotel fitness center (more like a fitness closet), not too bad.Off to Rhode Island tomorrow to my aunt's place. Looking forward to some good Tamil/Kerala home-cooked food! And some more interesting places to visit, I hope!

So long folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home