Saturday, October 30, 2004

REDRUM

Alright. After hearing rumours that I may be dead, and snide comments about my attempts at running (thanks for all the support guys), it's time to resurrect. So yeah lots of moments have gone by. A multitude of them worth writing about. But it's gone past me now. It's like some good movies you know. Somehow you miss out going to watch them in the theater. Then you can't watch them on cassette/DVD because none of your friends will want to watch (They: "Oh no, not again. I've watched it too many times! You get it when you are alone". Me (thinking): "Yeah right, how often do I watch a movie alone?"). And then it gets to such an advanced stage that you cannot even bring yourself to admit that you haven't watched THAT film. The epic. Everyone's all time favourite. But it's true. That, my friends, explains how much I silently suffer because I haven't watched Lagaan (no, don't react wildly, read above few lines again). Oh yeah and for all you prissy folks, you can nest braces in a sentence :-) Writer's license.

Digressing apart, I did attend some interesting shows recently. Watched a play several weeks ago in which one of my colleagues acted. It was fun to witness a Tamil drama after so long! Oh and we went for the Sivamani-Zakir Hussain-L. Shankar-Gingger concert last weekend. It was an audio-visual treat! The performers outdid each other. For me, it was the violin that touched a chord. Highly recommended. They even played one Ragam-Thanam-Pallavi and another Carnatic-style piece.

That's about it for now. Can't wait for the holidays!!

Oh yeah and if you are wondering about the title of the blog, I saw "The Shining" yesterday with a couple of my friends (evil laugh).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rukmini,
Please watch Lagaan!!!!! :-D

November 8, 2004 at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home