Wednesday, June 16, 2004

New lands New Horizons

What is it like to discover a land? To set foot on a place where no man or woman has ever been before?! I cannot imagine. And I, probably, will never know.

But I do know how it feels like to travel to new lands. How it is to peer out of a plane with my nose to the window, or stick my head out of the train as it hurries across lush fields...There's something about visiting a new place, a slight apprehension, a quick rush of blood!

I have always learnt something from every travel expedition I've been on. My parents always made it a point to take us out on vacation to different places. From picturesque Kashmir to spiritual Kanyakumari, from bustling Calcutta to bindaas Bombay, it was one big learning experience. And the annual trip to Kerala, we always looked forward to that. That is one amazing place! The narrow streets, the smell of wet earth, the mellifluous Malayalam and the clean, religious people. Oh well...so many more trips...can't do justice to them all here. I am grateful that I have been able to do a fair bit of traveling here in the US too...it's been great fun!

My point is we can learn more by just traveling to a place than by reading a 100 books! Don't get me wrong, I am very pro-books, but just that an experience can instil a lot more, and leave you with great memories as a bonus!

Ok, me stopping for now before I get too nostalgic! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home