Friday, June 11, 2004

Madras nalla Madras!

You know I can't go long without writing about my good ol' Madras. I practically lived there all my life! I really miss the place. Ah...what it is to ride in our Pallavan buses with the cantankerous conductors, feel the wind in your face at Elliot's beach, listen to mamis discuss pallus and zaris at Nalli-Kumaran, eat bhel puri at Planet Yumm (or sambar vadai at Saravana Bhavan!), ride behind your friend on her Scooty, take a morning walk at Theosophical Society, stay for hours chatting at Shakes & Creams (even though you finished your icecream ages ago!), hobnob with the 'cultural elite' at a kutcheri.....I could go on and on. I am sure this is not the last you will hear on this topic :-)

Well, I like California too, and Ann Arbor, of course was awesome! I must admit that there's beauty and charm in every place, and all we need is to discover it and relish it. But Chennai rules! :-)

Later!

PS-Talk to me if you don't know any of these places, you have missed out!

1 Comments:

Blogger kr!sh said...

And the obligatory nose-clip when you are passing through Cooum .. :-P

June 11, 2004 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home